Overlap2D – v0.1.0 – Release Candidate is finally ready — July 17, 2015
It’s been a LONG LONG ride. But we finally pushed latest version of overlap2D into the githubs.
Jumping from 0.0.8 directly to 0.1.0 this is a big update. You can call it a complete source rewrite of sorts.
This version is not officially a release so if you are making a game do not use it, because the corresponding runtime is not pushed to maven yet.
At this point my hope is to get as much testing and bugfixing done as possible from our awesome community. And when we feel it’s stable, I mark it as a release and move forward!
Main highlights of this version:
- Complete code rewrite.
- New architecture based on puremvc.
- Editor uses new runtime which is based on Ashley entity framework.
- Ditched Physics Editor, instead added real time mesh editing directly on screen, and physics property box on right panel.
- Support for world units. 1px is no longer 1px. Setup any custom world size for your project.
- Better Zoom-ing
- A lot better undo/redo using command pattern, works like a charm.
- Library Items are now part of a project, not a scene.
Let me know what you guys think, and PLEASE, help us out: http://overlap2d.com/contributing-to-overlap2d-editor/