How do I release the new runtime? — July 23, 2015
So.. I am trying to start moving toward releasing the new runtime. But you see it’s not like a one swipe motion, and here is why:
1) There is this OLD Editor version 0.0.7 that is super old and bad, and there this NEW Editor 0.1.0 That is completley different and re-written, and it’s good, but might have some stupid glitches.
2) Front page features both editors, old one as “stable” new one as “latest build” so I imagine people download them 50%/50%
3) Now there is also old runtime (0.0.9) that is currently latest master on githubs and new runtime (0.1.1) that is not on githubs but is in maven as a snapshot…
4) Old runtime only works with files generated by old editor, and new runtime only works with files generated by new editor.
Now you probably already feel the nightmare that is.
But there is more.
5) Old runtime is a piece of crap. It build an entire game using actors and stage that is made for UI, and so it is super slow and wrong, and limited.
6) But the new runtime is NEW. problem of it being, it’s untested, and even more it lacks some obvious functionality like – putting click listeners on things.
7) Entire documentation on the website is made for old runtime, so that all has to be ditched or upgraded, and then I need to make a one big tutorial for new runtime.
8) There are also some awesome videos, well that one I cannot edit. I should make new ones. probably delete old ones to avoid confusing?
Now my question is. Given this super complex task. How do I switch the old rutnime to new runtime, and avoid people being confused all over the place?
Please help with your wise word!